First Aid Training Manual
The Everyday Learning first aid training manual has been designed to provide clear, up to date first aid information in an easy to use format.
The manual has been produced specifically to cover all the required knowledge for the latest release following units of competency from the nationally accredited Health Training Package (HLT).
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuitation (CPR)
- HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
The key features of the manual include:
- Background information regarding the illness or injury
- Signs and symptoms clearly explained
- Vital first aid care steps outlined using visual and written instructions
- Up to date first aid information based on Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and recommendations from key Australian health care organisations.
- Includes additional information covering child and infant CPR as well as asthma and anaphylaxis first aid
Latest first aid recommendations
Like all Everyday Learning resources our first aid manual contains up to date information as per the recommendations of the current Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines.
The latest EpiPen® and EpiPen Jr® reduced injection time from 10 to 3 seconds and the removal of the massage step after the injection.
Updated ANZCOR (Australian and New Zealand Committee on Resuscitation) Guidelines
There have been a number of changes made to various ANZCOR first aid guidelines as a result of research and recommendations from ILCOR (International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation) that were published in late 2015.
The revised ANZCOR guidelines and a summary of the relevant changes are available on the Australian Resuscitation Council website www.resus.org.au
The ANZCOR guideline changes that relate to Basic Life Support and First Aid have been incorporated into the various Everyday Learning first aid training resources.
It is possible to have a customised version of the Everyday Learning First Aid Training manual with your own organisation's cover design for bulk orders of 500 or more copies. Please Contact Us for information about custom edition manuals.